Monday, 4 July 2016

get happy now.


Hello! I often get asked what I do to cheer myself up when I'm having a bad day. The most wonderful thing about happiness is that YOU can create your own. It's a choice, everyday.

So here it is, my list of things I do to 'get happy' (all photos are my own, taken from my Instagram @oceanpainter_ ) ;


1// An instant pick me up involves sunshine, duvet, fairy lights and my laptop. Tumblr, Pinterest, Youtube, Netflix... something that I can relax in to and smile. My favourite TV programmes are Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon A Time, Glee and Sherlock.

2// Escapism. Reading. Anything that can transport you in to a different reality.

3// Literal escapism. I've developed a habit of disappearing in to nature when I feel lost. There are countless amount of times I've plugged my ear phones in and just ran. It is honestly the most liberating feeling in the world.

And even if you don't have a field or woodland to escape in to, just walk. Discover a new neighbourhood- sit on the grass and watch as the cars go by. Be at peace with yourself in that moment.

4 // Pennying is my favourite hobby. I like to skate during sunset hour. We have this big hill where I live with a little pathetic patch of woodland yet with a setting sun it becomes the most magical place on earth. I challenge all of you to take up a new hobby.


5 // I dream. Dreaming of adventure and all the amazing unknown things to come is so comforting. Life is going to throw so much excitement your way so embrace the changes and relish in the new waves of inspiration that come with it.

Because ultimately that's what it all comes down to. YOU. Don't rely on someone else to make you happy. Create your own ocean, paint your own canvas (and every other cheesy metaphor in the book) because f*@k it, this is your life.


1 comment: